Both Dr. E. Adriana Wilson and Dr. Lesley Kirkpatrick are currently accepting referrals. Dr. E. A. Wilson’s wait time for an assessment is about 7-8 months, and Dr. L. Kirkpatrick’s wait time for an assessment is 4-5 months.
You must be referred by your family physician in order to be seen for a psychiatric assessment.
Our goal is to provide as much support to Family Physicians as possible through the use of a consultation model which offers short-term medication stabilization or short-term therapies for treatment resistant or medically complicated cases that can be optimally managed in the community only.
Psychiatry services are covered by the provincial government, through MSI. If you have a valid Nova Scotia Health Card, you are not responsible for payment of services.
Please be aware that late arrivals, late cancellations and no shows are subject to a fee.
For more information about our policies and fees, click here.
HOW DO I GET TO SEE YOU?
- We predominantly see adults and do not see children for psychiatry services.
- We work predominantly with Depression, Persistent Depressive Disorder, Anxiety (incl. Separation Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety, Panic Disorder, OCD, PTSD), ADHD, and mild to moderate behavioral issues (including Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and will assess but not follow Bipolar illness (they receive optimal care in a systemic setting).
- WE DO NOT SEE: Conduct Disorder, Eating Disorders, Neuro-Developmental Disorders (incl. Autism), primary Addiction based illness (except as Independent Medical Exams), Psychosis, and primary Personality Disorders, as these receive optimal care in a systemic setting. We do not assess individuals with a history of violence.
- If you are unsure if you or your patient would be a candidate for our practice, please contact our office at 902-407-6600 or send us an email at info@InspiredLivingMedical.com to inquire.
HOW DO I GET TO SEE YOU?
- You must be referred by your family physician and the referral is triaged based on the information provided. Appointments are provided to those who fall within our patient criteria.
HOW LONG IS THE WAIT TIME?
Dr. E. A. Wilson’s wait time for an assessment is about 7-8 months. Dr. L. Kirkpatrick’s wait time for an assessment is 4-5 months.
We will triage your referral as appropriate and our office will contact
you once your referral has been reviewed.
- If you have previously been assessed by our psychiatrists and wish to be re-assessed but have not been seen in over 1 year, you must be re-referred as per MSI guidelines. If you wish to be re-referred, please contact your physician to discuss your suitability and the appropriate procedures.
- Please note that Dr. Wilson has previously followed some patients for individual therapy where indicated, however due to prolonged wait times, she is no longer able to offer individual therapy until further notice.
- Group therapy options and alternative options for individual therapy are provided in the assessment as indicated.
WHAT CAN I DO IF I CAN’T GET IN TO SEE YOU?
- I recommend you see Recommended Therapists in Halifax, under Resources
- You may chose to use our internet-based resources including FREE Worksheets, under Resources
- Alternatively you may wish to refer to our Health Links, under Resources
- Alternatively, you may also self refer to the public mental health system
ADULTS: 902-454-1400 (Bayer’s Road Mental Health)
CHILDREN: 902-464-4110 (Centralized Intake for the IWK Mental Health)
Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team: 902-429-8167
- Unfortunately I do not know of any private Psychiatrists currently accepting new patients
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE COMING?
- You must bring your valid Nova Scotia Health card upon arrival of your appointment for psychiatry services. If we can not validate your coverage, you will have to pay out of pocket for your services.
- There is a CHARGE for LATE CANCELLATIONS (less than 2 business days of notice), NO-SHOWS and LATE ARRIVALS.
For more details about these fees, please see our page about clinic polices.
- We are committed to providing quality care to those who are ready to receive it. Consequently, if a patient confirms but does not attend (no-shows) on 3 occasions, they will be discharged back to their Family Physician at the time of their third missed appointment, even if their fees have been settled.
NEW PATIENT INTAKE FORMS
If your referral to Dr. E. Adriana Wilson has been accepted, and you have been offered an appointment for an assessment, please complete the in-take form below for new patients.
It must be completed and sent to our office no later than 2 weeks in advance of your appointment.
It is important that we do receive this form in advance in order to make the best use of our time together.
Dr. Lesley Kirkpatrick does not require a completed intake form.